12.02.2011

Another Fellow Artist

A few days ago I talked about a former co-worker here at Moonbot Studios.

I mentioned being a "former-caricaturist" and I got some flack for saying that (rightly so). I consider, and always will consider, myself a caricaturist. It is not my primary focus over the last several years, however it is something you don't just STOP doing, after investing so many years passionately pursuing it. So yes, I am still a caricaturist.

Here is a guy who is also passionately pursuing his craft, the art of ANIMATION and storytelling; MIKE KLIM.

This guy is as talented as any I've seen in this field, and I am very grateful to have worked near him for a year and a half. He will go far, and I hope we work together again soon. Mike is missed here at Moonbot and missed by myself. He is on the west coast doing (surely) great work. This is the card we gave him on his last day:



See you at The Village, Mike.

5 comments:

Gabriel Hunt said...

Its okay. You say what you want. Haterz gonna hate. The sketch looks great! He's lucky to have it.

Wouter Tulp said...

Beautiful drawing!

Wouter Tulp said...

I guess it is mostly caricaturists having a problem with you saying you're a former caricaturist, right?

Dave Washburn said...

I take it all back. You're a has been.

Zitman said...

Nice