12.22.2006

Getting physiCALIENDO



You may have heard of comedian Frank Caliendo, as he's been a cast member of MADtv on FOX for years, and more recently known for his "FRANK's PICKS" on the NFL on FOX. Frank was recently on Letterman twice, making his mark during Impressions Week here in New York (below). I dig Frank's work - he does what I do; exaggerates what's funny about celebrities and people.

www.frankcaliendo.com
Knowing Frank's work, I was excited to do caricatures for his website, along with his 2nd Frank on the Radio CD for his tours. Check out his website, FrankCaliendo.com, and catch him when he comes near you - he does some amazing and hillarious impressions.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish you a great Christmas and a Happy New Year Joe. All the best!

Jeremy Townsend (JERT) said...

sweeeet john madden

Unknown said...

Just went to the site. The DeNiro and Robin Williams are absolutely rockin'! Are you gonna digitally paint them like the Madden and Letterman?

Ryan Wood said...

That Madden is brilliant! Terrific work, man!

Joe Bluhm said...

Thanks, Ryan. I LOVE your work- great color (see my links!).

Nolan - yes. They'll all get digitally painted. I'm keeping them held back a bit, as far as exaggeration, and focusing on likeness and expression more than anything. They want it solid and light, so it's not my flagship, but I'm glad it's being enjoyed.

Nathan Lindsay said...

whoa, I love this Madden one.