8.12.2007

Chitown, TCAF, + digi.paint

Wizard World Chicago went great. I met some wonderful people and I'll surely visit again next year. My buddy Jason Seiler joined me at the convention and we had a great time with Alberto, Bobby, Kei, Steve, Pete, 'T', Matt, Joe, and others. Don't forget the name Matt Stewart... he's an animator and effects/character designer and his work is badass (+ he's a fun guy).

Anyway, Jason Seiler is about to start teaching a class with Imaginism Studios, and has a lot to offer those looking to learn more about painting and caricature. If you are interested, check it out at Schoolism.com!

I'll be attending the Toronto Comic Arts Festival, this week. It's at Old Victoria College in Toronto, Ontario Canada. Driving me up to Canadiaville will be the snazzy Brendan Burford and the lovely Rina Piccolo. We will be in the room with AdHouse books, so drop by and pick up a copy of our books and show us the love. Anyone who brings me a cold can of sugar-free RedBull or sugar-free RockStar gets a free caricature!

I'm also working on more caricatures for Frank Caliendo. After doing a piece for comedian Brian Regan, I've been falling in love with painting again, and will be doing much more of it. Both digital and traditional hold their own challenges, and I'm really looking forward to tackling them head-on. Here's a peek at the unfinished caricature. Can you guess who it is?

8 comments:

INK AND DESTROY said...

Just a can of redbull? I got ripped off. Ha. Rejects is awesome dude. A great source of inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Hey, "REJECTS" was waiting on my doorstep when I got home friday. So good. Sooo good.

Dapper Dan said...

Hey Joe! It was awesome to meet you man, your talent left all of us Tavernites in awe. We kept sneakin' peeks at our caricatures all day (that one you did of Mike killed me). I showed my 2 and a 1/2 yr old daughter my caricature, and her first word was,"Daddy!" Her smile was huge, and mine was equally as big. I appreciate the kudos too, and keep up your wicked skills, look forward to meeting you again in the future!

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Ramon, a caricature artist from Great America in the SF Bay Area (You drew my current Blogspot profile picture of me and my girlfriend last summer). Anyhoo, just got back from work at the park tonight and found REJECTS at my door. Just gotta say, thank you, sir, you are an inspiration to us all. Looking at all the incredible art in REJECTS makes me want to push my cutesy park sketches farther than I've ever gone before.

Again, thanks for providing that inspiration and sheer entertainment, and I hope to see you in Reno in October, maybe even grab a sketch if I'm lucky; Anne Bush, my current asst. manager, tells me I've got a good face to draw.

Unknown said...

Joe, I received your book just in time for my birthday this Tuesday, and what a gift it was to receive it! Your work continues to be an inspiration to tackle my subjects with creativity and artistic integrity. Keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

I finally got your book. I love your work. I just wanted you to know that this copy traveled all way down to Guatemala.

A.T.N. said...

wish i read this entry earlier, i would've bought a sugar-free redbull/rockstar.
but it was a well spent $10 nonetheless.
i love my caricature, thanks :)

Tom R said...

Bill Maher