9.02.2008

Mel B and Virgin Media


Here's the second of a very cool series of advertisements from Virgin media, that I was fortunate enough to be a part of. The amazing team of creatives and hard-workers at So! Animation are responsible for this one, just like the Mick Hucknall "KWACCS" advertisement aired last month in England (as well as more to come...). They did a great job and are a great team to work for.



I got to design and help create the characters, from start to finish. Here you can see some sketches and versions of the design for the to-be animated Melanie Brown (aka Mel B, aka Scary Spice). I offered a few versions of each character and some revisions, based on the team of creators and writers at the Y&R agency, responsible for this campaign. This will air in theaters (HD!) later this month. It really was a fun process, and you can see the result is just as fun:



PS- It was great to work with Ed Steckley on this one: can you see other influences (for those that know me or Ed) or art that Ed and I collaborated on? Maybe on the walls? hehe.
.

13 comments:

Derek Edwards said...

Great to see new a post from you. You must be pretty busy to let a month go between posts, but since they are always inspirational, I'll take what ever I can get. Keep up the great work.

bert5693 said...

wow joe! thats phenomenal!!! you are living the dream dude.

SEILER said...

Cool stuff Joe!

ramanjit said...

nice work guru.the skin tone is great how do u do this .i have see all ur work its very helpful & inspirational please give us some more digital tutorials.about how to draw carricatures. .pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Edo said...

great work joe! Like the characterdesign of Mel, absolutely awesome!

Craig Zablo said...

What Derek said!

Nelson Santos said...

Nice work Joe the final result is splendid.

Everybody's gotta be in a Gang said...

Good show, Joe! Jolly good fun indeed.

Hugo Freutel said...

Great to be involved in such a project.
Well done.

Steve Hearn said...

Great stuff Joe... I'm waiting for even bigger things from you my friend!

Manoj Sinha said...

Hi Joe,
I like the cheek and teeth. Expression is also good.
I had posted Obama's caricature yesterday. I need yor valuable suggestions and comments.

Marco Bucci said...

good stuff Joe! What're you up to these days anyway? Still working in animation?

. said...

I like this one even better than the first one. They are definitely getting more natural looking.