1.12.2009

Some Birds and more Cars

Just trying to keep healthy and sketch/draw/paint every day. I'm usually fascinated with certain topics and subjects. I think I understand why, but... well, who knows.



Among these topics are BIRDS and CARS (along with faces, people, dogs, and most animals). You'll definitely see those interests (obsessions?) in my sketchbook, coming out next month.

Here are some more cars as well as some bird sketches. They're really not for anything other than keeping my hand limber, my mind working and trying to come up with some creative ideas. I guess it's just the beginning of stuff to come, but who knows. I guess it's just fun to keep drawing, and I'm trying to have fun. These are all completed with Prismacolor products (FineLiner, Markers, Pencils...)


11 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool. A drawing a day keeps the doctor away, and the creative ideas flowing. You are having fun. These drawings are proof of that.Thanks for sharing.

ramanjit said...

hi sir,
the first set of birds are great................

Jamie Linfoot said...

These cars are pretty awesome. I'm trying to caricature a friends car at the moment without much success. These help a lot. Keep 'em coming.

Aaronphilby said...

Great stuff

Aaronphilby said...

I think birds and cars both have very subtle body shapes and it's very hard to fake a good bird or a good car. It requires very careful drawing and observation. And the structure of a fat, sitting bird is similar to a car, so maybe when you're drawing and studying cars it helps to inform your bird drawings and vice versa.

coreycooley said...

very cool, especually the cars.

Leslie said...

HAHA WHAT A FAT ANGRY BIRD!

Wittygraphy: The Caricature Community said...

You made the Mustang finally looks good, hehe

Party Entertainment Ideas Inc said...

You wrote that you understand Why you're fascinated with certain topics/subjects? Why birds? Why cars?

Joe Bluhm said...

Thanks, everyone! You're too nice, and I'm just trying to have fun and let everyone looking have as much fun.

Alison- Aaron hit the nail on the head, in my opinion. Read his post above.

meet the squirrels said...

what type of car is the middle one? these are fantastic!