3.31.2007

Tampa - Day 1

I finished my first day at Busch Gardens (Tampa) in my two week run, drawing live retail caricatures for the first time in 6 months. It was so much fun

It's like riding a bike. I was a bit slow at first, and the first drawing was boring, generic, and sort of BAD. By the end of the day, I was close to being in the swing of things, and everyone there was great. I'm not digging all the silly things that go with drawing in a theme park- like the screaming kids pushing on my shoulder while I draw, the comments coming from quiet moms that don't like what I'm doing before I even start, the hustling of prices when I try to tell them how much a frame costs, and the lunchroom smell...

But overall, I'm having a great time. I drew with Dion Socia and Brooke Howell, two good friends. We had lots of laughs, and I think after looking at some other blogs, we're on-board to draw some CRAZY stuff come Monday.

I'll try to put some info up here every day to share the progress and fun. I'll leave on the last drawing of my first day back:

2 comments:

KEV said...

damn, badass man...

Anonymous said...

hello Joe,Iam a french fan.....you are incredible young man....I look for your work...bravo.....I am a little caricaturiste in my country....thank you