1.23.2009

Get Your Sketchbook!

I decided to give the art away:

Sketch Infectus contains nearly 400 drawings... It's been set at the modest price of $20. It's a hardcover book. I've been told by friends that this value is insane, but that's the point. Now let's break it down in mere terms of art:

The book contains about 390 drawings and costs $20.00 (US). That comes to less than 20¢ ($0.20) per drawing. As silly as that already is, you get advice from the likes of Steve Brodner, Phillip Burke, John Kascht, Steve Silver and dozens of other amazing artists.

BUT I'M NOT DONE (infomercial voice)...

Anyone who pre-orders by February 5th (happens to be a good friend's birthday!) will get an original sketch. And by sketch, I don't mean I'll draw a little 5 second scribble... I mean I'll actually be cutting out the sketches from these and other sketchbooks and giving them to you! You might get something IN the book and you might get something else! Your sketch might have a doodle on the back. Who knows!

But this is reserved ONLY for pre-orders on or before February 5th.

Because of the shipment date of the books, the pre-order will extend to mid-late February, (actual date TBD) however this special is ONLY good until the 5th (books will be shipped late February or early March).

Anyway, go on over and buy 2 or 3 copies (don't forget your friends!), and here are some more low-res previews from my upcoming sketchbook collection,
SKETCH INFECTUS:


22 comments:

Faboun'e said...

Hey Joe !
;)
I have not been coming for a long time but i consider what now! nice work !

Hugo Freutel said...

I share your ideas about sketching.

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe - I am going to order mine today!

Derek Edwards said...

I just pre-ordered 3 books. Can't wait to see what sketch goodies come with the books! These blog campaigns rock. The wife and I loved the Christmas campaign too.

Joe Bluhm said...

Thanks, all!

Derek - Yeah, I think I'm maybe stupid for doing this, but I just like that people actually want it. It gives me "warm fuzzies", and gives my art a home. ;)

Tooninator said...

oh man...even in my poor-dom I think I'll have to pre-order

gmangmang said...

Hey Joe!

Thanks for the comment man, I've been a fan of your stuff for a while.

peace,

Gavin

Craig Zablo said...

Joe,

Coolest idea I've heard in a long time. Mind if I pass the word along on my blog?

Also, are you planning to do MegaCon this year? I see you're listed as a guest and I wanted to make sure. I checked with another listed artist and he won't be there.

Joe Bluhm said...

Craig- thanks, and absolutely, pass on the word! :-)
I will be at MegaCon, in 4 weeks. Hope to see you there!

Craig Zablo said...

Let's see if this http://craigzablo.com/?p=2746 sends some folks your way!

Anonymous said...

just put in my order, can't wait for the 80 pages of sketchbook goodness.

A.M.Bush said...

Hi Joe, I'll book in the future when I'm less poor (way way in the future)

Nelson Santos said...

Just ordered mine Joe! Cant wait to see it i loved your Rejects very inspiring!

Pavel Jakubec said...

Hi,Joe,this is really good !!!Nice work!
I like these very much ! I added your blog in my links list.

Everybody's gotta be in a Gang said...

It looks great, Joe- I would pre-order it if I had the money. I'll get it eventually.

Scott Hamilton said...

I'm damn glad I ordered mine last week!!!

Jeff Pecina said...

are you going to post your crip con stuff?

Blog Trotter said...

I like your drawing of that poor fat AFL shirt wearing kid. I drew a picture of him too, only it wasn't as good.

turcios curriculum said...

FANTÁSCO ARTE! AQUÍ UN FANS

Chubasco said...

Que buen trabajo me gusta este espacio y todo el arte que hay aqui, increíble!!!!

DELOIRE said...

Very very good job ! congratulations

Anonymous said...

whats the name of the bird in the second page of dtawings?